Meaning of CAMERA in English
▪ automatic , disposable , electronic , high-resolution , high-speed , panoramic , Polaroid™ , SLR , underwater
I bought a disposable ~ from the gift shop.
▪ analogue/analog , digital
▪ six-megapixel , etc.
▪ box , pinhole
▪ cine ( BrE ), movie , television , TV , video
▪ infrared , night-vision , thermal
▪ compact , miniature , tiny
▪ hidden , secret , spy
a mobile phone with a built-in ~ ( BrE )
▪ CCTV , closed-circuit , security , surveillance
▪ hand-held , mobile
The documentary was shot using a hand-held digital ~.
VERB + CAMERA
▪ aim , focus , point
Simply point your ~ at the subject and press the button.
▪ operate , use
The ~ can be operated remotely.
▪ pose for
The outgoing and incoming presidents posed for the ~s.
He couldn't bring himself to face the waiting ~s.
▪ attach , mount
The ~ was mounted on a hang-glider.
▪ install , place , position
Closed-circuit ~s have been installed throughout the building.
▪ set up
The crews have been setting up their ~s.
CAMERA + VERB
▪ film sth
▪ capture sb/sth , catch sb/sth , record sb/sth
A security ~ caught her shoplifting.
▪ focus on sb/sth , pan across sth , pan around sth , pan to sth , zoom in (on sth)
The ~ zoomed in on a picture above the fireplace.
▪ linger (on sth)
The ~ lingers on a close-up of her face.
The director gave the signal and the ~s rolled.
▪ click , flash
She stepped onto the balcony and a thousand ~s clicked.
CAMERA + NOUN
▪ crew , team
▪ bag , equipment , lens , shutter
A ~ flash went off from behind the bushes.
▪ angle , position
▪ work (usually camerawork )
Police are checking security ~ footage.
the highest-resolution ~ phone on the market
▪ in front of the ~s
He played his first game in front of the TV ~s.
▪ off ~
The incident occurred off ~ (= was not filmed) .
▪ on ~
The moment was caught on ~.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012