Meaning of ARTICLE in English
noun a distinct part.
2. article ·noun precise point of time; moment.
3. article ·noun subject; matter; concern; distinct.
4. article ·noun one of the segments of an articulated appendage.
5. article ·noun to accuse or charge by an exhibition of articles.
6. article ·noun to formulate in articles; to set forth in distinct particulars.
7. article ·noun to bind by articles of covenant or stipulation; as, to article an apprentice to a mechanic.
8. article ·noun a literary composition, forming an independent portion of a magazine, newspaper, or cyclopedia.
9. article ·noun a particular one of various things; as, an article of merchandise; salt is a necessary article.
10. article ·vi to agree by articles; to stipulate; to bargain; to covenant.
11. article ·noun one of the three words, a, an, the, used before nouns to limit or define their application. a (or an) is called the indefinite article, the the definite article.
12. article ·noun a distinct portion of an instrument, discourse, literary work, or any other writing, consisting of two or more particulars, or treating of various topics; as, an article in the constitution. hence: a clause in a contract, system of regulations, treaty, or the like; a term, condition, or stipulation in a contract; a concise statement; as, articles of agreement.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012