Meaning of BACKWARD in English
noun the state behind or past.
2. backward ·adj already past or gone; bygone.
3. backward ·adj late or behindhand; as, a backward season.
4. backward ·vi to keep back; to hinder.
5. backward ·adj unwilling; averse; reluctant; hesitating; loath.
6. backward ·adj directed to the back or rear; as, backward glances.
7. backward ·adv ·alt. of backwards.
8. backward ·adj not advanced in civilization; undeveloped; as, the country or region is in a backward state.
9. backward ·adj not well advanced in learning; not quick of apprehension; dull; inapt; as, a backward child.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012