Meaning of BALLOON in English
noun a bomb or shell.
2. balloon ·vi to go up or voyage in a balloon.
3. balloon ·vt to take up in, or as if in, a balloon.
4. balloon ·noun a game played with a large inflated ball.
5. balloon ·vi to expand, or puff out, like a balloon.
6. balloon ·noun a ball or globe on the top of a pillar, church, ·etc., as at st. paul's, in london.
7. balloon ·noun the outline inclosing words represented as coming from the mouth of a pictured figure.
8. balloon ·noun a round vessel, usually with a short neck, to hold or receive whatever is distilled; a glass vessel of a spherical form.
9. balloon ·noun a bag made of silk or other light material, and filled with hydrogen gas or heated air, so as to rise and float in the atmosphere; especially, one with a car attached for aerial navigation.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012