Meaning of BUTTON in English
noun to dress or clothe.
2. button ·noun a bud; a germ of a plant.
3. button ·noun a knob; a small ball; a small, roundish mass.
4. button ·vi to be fastened by a button or buttons; as, the coat will not button.
5. button ·noun a globule of metal remaining on an assay cupel or in a crucible, after fusion.
6. button ·noun to fasten with a button or buttons; to inclose or make secure with buttons;
often followed by up.
7. button ·noun a piece of wood or metal, usually flat and elongated, turning on a nail or screw, to fasten something, as a door.
8. button ·noun a catch, of various forms and materials, used to fasten together the different parts of dress, by being attached to one part, and passing through a slit, called a buttonhole, in the other;
used also for ornament.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012