Meaning of COIN in English
vi to manufacture counterfeit money.
2. coin ·noun that which serves for payment or recompense.
3. coin ·vt to acquire rapidly, as money; to make.
4. coin ·noun a quoin; a corner or external angle; a wedge. ·see coigne, and quoin.
5. coin ·vt to make or fabricate; to invent; to originate; as, to coin a word.
6. coin ·noun a piece of metal on which certain characters are stamped by government authority, making it legally current as money;
much used in a collective sense.
7. coin ·vt to make of a definite fineness, and convert into coins, as a mass of metal; to mint; to manufacture; as, to coin silver dollars; to coin a medal.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012