Meaning of COLLECTION in English
noun that which is collected.
2. collection ·noun an accumulation of any substance.
3. collection ·noun the jurisdiction of a collector of excise.
4. collection ·noun that which is obtained in payment of demands.
5. collection ·noun a gathering or assemblage of objects or of persons.
6. collection ·noun the act or process of collecting or of gathering; as, the collection of specimens.
7. collection ·noun the act of inferring or concluding from premises or observed facts; also, that which is inferred.
8. collection ·noun a gathering of money for charitable or other purposes, as by passing a contribution box for freewill offerings.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012