Meaning of CONDENSER in English
noun one who, or that which, condenses.
2. condenser ·noun a lens or mirror, usually of short focal distance, used to concentrate light upon an object.
3. condenser ·noun an apparatus for receiving and condensing the volatile products of distillation to a liquid or solid form, by cooling.
4. condenser ·noun an instrument for concentrating electricity by the effect of induction between conducting plates separated by a nonconducting plate.
5. condenser ·noun an apparatus, separate from the cylinder, in which the exhaust steam is condensed by the action of cold water or air. ·see ·illust. of steam engine.
6. condenser ·noun an instrument for condensing air or other elastic fluids, consisting of a cylinder having a movable piston to force the air into a receiver, and a valve to prevent its escape.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012