Meaning of CONFIDENCE in English
noun giving occasion for confidence.
2. confidence ·noun having self-reliance; bold; undaunted.
3. confidence ·noun that in which faith is put or reliance had.
4. confidence ·noun trustful; without fear or suspicion; frank; unreserved.
5. confidence ·noun having an excess of assurance; bold to a fault; dogmatical; impudent; presumptuous.
6. confidence ·noun private conversation; (·pl) secrets shared; as, there were confidences between them.
7. confidence ·noun the act of confiding, trusting, or putting faith in; trust; reliance; belief;
formerly followed by of, now commonly by in.
8. confidence ·noun the state of mind characterized by one's reliance on himself, or his circumstances; a feeling of self-sufficiency; such assurance as leads to a feeling of security; self-reliance;
often with self prefixed.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012