Meaning of DEPENDENCE in English
noun a resting with confidence; reliance; trust.
2. dependence ·noun that on which one depends or relies; as, he was her sole dependence.
3. dependence ·noun mutu/// /onnection and support; concatenation; systematic ///er relation.
4. dependence ·noun subjection to the direction or disposal of another; inability to help or provide for one's self.
5. dependence ·noun a matter depending, or in suspense, and still to be determined; ground of controversy or quarrel.
6. dependence ·noun the state of being influenced and determined by something; subjection (as of an effect to its cause).
7. dependence ·noun the act or state of depending; state of being dependent; a hanging down or from; suspension from a support.
8. dependence ·noun that which depends; anything dependent or suspended; anything attached a subordinate to, or contingent on, something else.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012