Meaning of FACING in English
p.pr. & ·vb.n. of face.
2. facing ·noun a lining placed near the edge of a garment for ornament or protection.
3. facing ·noun the collar and cuffs of a military coat;
commonly of a color different from that of the coat.
4. facing ·noun the movement of soldiers by turning on their heels to the right, left, or about;
chiefly in the ·pl
5. facing ·noun the finishing of any face of a wall with material different from that of which it is chiefly composed, or the coating or material so used.
6. facing ·noun a powdered substance, as charcoal, bituminous coal, ect., applied to the face of a mold, or mixed with the sand that forms it, to give a fine smooth surface to the casting.
7. facing ·noun a covering in front, for ornament or other purpose; an exterior covering or sheathing; as, the facing of an earthen slope, sea wall, ·etc. , to strengthen it or to protect or adorn the exposed surface.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012