Meaning of JET in English
noun ·same·as 2d get.
2. jet ·noun drift; scope; range, as of an argument.
3. jet ·vt to spout; to emit in a stream or jet.
4. jet ·noun the sprue of a type, which is broken from it when the type is cold.
5. jet ·vi to shoot forward or out; to project; to jut out.
6. jet ·vi to jerk; to jolt; to be shaken.
7. jet ·vi to strut; to walk with a lofty or haughty gait; to be insolent; to obtrude.
8. jet ·noun a shooting forth; a spouting; a spurt; a sudden rush or gush, as of water from a pipe, or of flame from an orifice; also, that which issues in a jet.
9. jet ·noun a variety of lignite, of a very compact texture and velvet black color, susceptible of a good polish, and often wrought into mourning jewelry, toys, buttons, ·etc. formerly called also black amber.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012