Meaning of MORE in English
adv with a verb or participle.
2. more ·noun a hill.
3. more ·noun a root.
4. more ·superl greater; superior; increased.
5. more ·adv in addition; further; besides; again.
6. more ·vt to make more; to increase.
7. more ·adv in a greater quantity; in or to a greater extent or degree.
8. more ·superl greater in number; exceeding in numbers;
with the plural.
9. more ·superl additional; other; as, he wept because there were no more words to conquer.
10. more ·superl greater in quality, amount, degree, quality, and the like; with the singular.
11. more ·noun that which is in addition; something other and further; an additional or greater amount.
12. more ·noun a greater quantity, amount, or number; that which exceeds or surpasses in any way what it is compared with.
13. more ·adv with an adjective or adverb (instead of the suffix -er) to form the comparative degree; as, more durable; more active; more sweetly.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012