Meaning of OFFICE in English
vt to perform, as the duties of an office; to discharge.
2. office ·noun any service other than that of ordination and the mass; any prescribed religious service.
3. office ·noun the company or corporation, or persons collectively, whose place of business is in an office; as, i have notified the office.
4. office ·noun the apartments or outhouses in which the domestics discharge the duties attached to the service of a house, as kitchens, pantries, stables, ·etc.
5. office ·noun a charge or trust, of a sacred nature, conferred by god himself; as, the office of a priest under the old dispensation, and that of the apostles in the new.
6. office ·noun that which is performed, intended, or assigned to be done, by a particular thing, or that which anything is fitted to perform; a function;
answering to duty in intelligent beings.
7. office ·noun a special duty, trust, charge, or position, conferred by authority and for a public purpose; a position of trust or authority; as, an executive or judical office; a municipal office.
8. office ·noun that which a person does, either voluntarily or by appointment, for, or with reference to, others; customary duty, or a duty that arises from the relations of man to man; as, kind offices, pious offices.
9. office ·noun the place where a particular kind of business or service for others is transacted; a house or apartment in which public officers and others transact business; as, the register's office; a lawyer's office.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012