Meaning of PEEL in English
noun a small tower, fort, or castle; a keep.
2. peel ·noun the skin or rind; as, the peel of an orange.
3. peel ·vt to strip or tear off; to remove by stripping, as the skin of an animal, the bark of a tree, ·etc.
4. peel ·vt to plunder; to pillage; to rob.
5. peel ·vi to lose the skin, bark, or rind; to come off, as the skin, bark, or rind does;
often used with an adverb; as, the bark peels easily or readily.
6. peel ·vt to strip off the skin, bark, or rind of; to strip by drawing or tearing off the skin, bark, husks, ·etc.; to flay; to decorticate; as, to peel an orange.
7. peel ·noun a spadelike implement, variously used, as for removing loaves of bread from a baker's oven; also, a t-shaped implement used by printers and bookbinders for hanging wet sheets of paper on lines or poles to dry. also, the blade of an oar.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012