Meaning of POSTURE in English
noun place; position; situation.
2. posture ·vi fig.: to assume a character; as, to posture as a saint.
3. posture ·vi to assume a particular posture or attitude; to contort the body into artificial attitudes, as an acrobat or contortionist; also, to pose.
4. posture ·noun state or condition, whether of external circumstances, or of internal feeling and will; disposition; mood; as, a posture of defense; the posture of affairs.
5. posture ·vt to place in a particular position or attitude; to dispose the parts of, with reference to a particular purpose; as, to posture one's self; to posture a model.
6. posture ·noun the position of the body; the situation or disposition of the several parts of the body with respect to each other, or for a particular purpose; especially (fine arts), the position of a figure with regard to the several principal members by which action is expressed; attitude.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012