Meaning of PRESSURE in English
noun affliction; distress; grievance.
2. pressure ·add. ·noun electro-motive force.
3. pressure ·noun urgency; as, the pressure of business.
4. pressure ·noun impression; stamp; character impressed.
5. pressure ·noun the act of pressing, or the condition of being pressed; compression; a squeezing; a crushing; as, a pressure of the hand.
6. pressure ·noun a contrasting force or impulse of any kind; as, the pressure of poverty; the pressure of taxes; the pressure of motives on the mind; the pressure of civilization.
7. pressure ·noun the action of a force against some obstacle or opposing force; a force in the nature of a thrust, distributed over a surface, often estimated with reference to the upon a unit's area.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012