Meaning of ROSETTE in English
noun a red color. ·see roset.
2. rosette ·noun a rose burner. ·see under rose.
3. rosette ·noun a flowerlike color marking; as, the rosettes on the leopard.
4. rosette ·noun an ornament in the form of a rose or roundel, -much used in decoration.
5. rosette ·noun an imitation of a rose by means of ribbon or other material, used as an ornament or a badge.
6. rosette ·noun any structure having a flowerlike form; especially, the group of five broad ambulacra on the upper side of the spatangoid and clypeastroid sea urchins. ·see ·illust. of spicule, and sand dollar, under sand.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012