Meaning of SAFETY in English
add. ·noun a safety touchdown.
2. safety ·noun ·same·as safety touchdown, below.
3. safety ·noun preservation from escape; close custody.
4. safety ·add. ·noun short for safety bicycle.
5. safety ·noun the condition or state of being safe; freedom from danger or hazard; exemption from hurt, injury, or loss.
6. safety ·noun freedom from whatever exposes one to danger or from liability to cause danger or harm; safeness; hence, the quality of making safe or secure, or of giving confidence, justifying trust, insuring against harm or loss, ·etc.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012