Meaning of SHEET in English
vt the book itself.
2. sheet ·vt to expand, as a sheet.
3. sheet ·vt a sail.
4. sheet ·vt a broad expanse of water, or the like.
5. sheet ·vt a single signature of a book or a pamphlet;.
6. sheet ·vt an extensive bed of an eruptive rock intruded between, or overlying, other strata.
7. sheet ·vt to furnish with a sheet or sheets; to wrap in, or cover with, a sheet, or as with a sheet.
8. sheet ·vt the space in the forward or the after part of a boat where there are no rowers; as, fore sheets; stern sheets.
9. sheet ·vt a broad, thinly expanded portion of metal or other substance; as, a sheet of copper, of glass, or the like; a plate; a leaf.
10. sheet ·vt a broad piece of paper, whether folded or unfolded, whether blank or written or printed upon; hence, a letter; a newspaper, ·etc.
11. sheet ·vt in general, a large, broad piece of anything thin, as paper, cloth, ·etc.; a broad, thin portion of any substance; an expanded superficies.
12. sheet ·vt a broad piece of cloth, usually linen or cotton, used for wrapping the body or for a covering; especially, one used as an article of bedding next to the body.
13. sheet ·vt a rope or chain which regulates the angle of adjustment of a sail in relation in relation to the wind;
usually attached to the lower corner of a sail, or to a yard or a boom.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012