Meaning of SNUFF in English
noun the act of snuffing; perception by snuffing; a sniff.
2. snuff ·vt the part of a candle wick charred by the flame, whether burning or not.
3. snuff ·vt to crop the snuff of, as a candle; to take off the end of the snuff of.
4. snuff ·noun resentment, displeasure, or contempt, expressed by a snuffing of the nose.
5. snuff ·vi to inhale air through the nose with violence or with noise, as do dogs and horses.
6. snuff ·vi to draw in, or to inhale, forcibly through the nose; to sniff.
7. snuff ·vi to perceive by the nose; to scent; to smell.
8. snuff ·vi to turn up the nose and inhale air, as an expression of contempt; hence, to take offense.
9. snuff ·noun pulverized tobacco, ·etc., prepared to be taken into the nose; also, the amount taken at once.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012