Meaning of TABLET in English
noun a small table or flat surface.
2. tablet ·noun a kind of pocket memorandum book.
3. tablet ·noun hence, a small picture; a miniature.
4. tablet ·noun a flattish cake or piece; as, tablets of arsenic were formerly worn as a preservative against the plague.
5. tablet ·noun a flat piece of any material on which to write, paint, draw, or engrave; also, such a piece containing an inscription or a picture.
6. tablet ·noun a solid kind of electuary or confection, commonly made of dry ingredients with sugar, and usually formed into little flat squares;
called also lozenge, and troche, especially when of a round or rounded form.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012