Meaning of TILE in English
noun a stiff hat.
2. tile ·noun a plate of metal used for roofing.
3. tile ·noun a draintile.
4. tile ·vt fig.: to cover, as if with tiles.
5. tile ·vt to cover with tiles; as, to tile a house.
6. tile ·noun a small slab of marble or other material used for flooring.
7. tile ·vt to protect from the intrusion of the uninitiated; as, to tile a masonic lodge.
8. tile ·noun a small, flat piece of dried earth or earthenware, used to cover vessels in which metals are fused.
9. tile ·noun a plate, or thin piece, of baked clay, used for covering the roofs of buildings, for floors, for drains, and often for ornamental mantel works.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012