Meaning of TRADITION in English
vt to transmit by way of tradition; to hand down.
2. tradition ·noun the act of delivering into the hands of another; delivery.
3. tradition ·noun an unwritten code of law represented to have been given by god to moses on sinai.
4. tradition ·noun that body of doctrine and discipline, or any article thereof, supposed to have been put forth by christ or his apostles, and not committed to writing.
5. tradition ·noun hence, that which is transmitted orally from father to son, or from ancestors to posterity; knowledge or belief transmitted without the aid of written memorials; custom or practice long observed.
6. tradition ·noun the unwritten or oral delivery of information, opinions, doctrines, practices, rites, and customs, from father to son, or from ancestors to posterity; the transmission of any knowledge, opinions, or practice, from forefathers to descendants by oral communication, without written memorials.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012