Meaning of VARIETY in English
noun that which is various.
2. variety ·noun a number or collection of different things; a varied assortment; as, a variety of cottons and silks.
3. variety ·noun the quality or state of being various; intermixture or succession of different things; diversity; multifariousness.
4. variety ·add. ·noun such entertainment as in given in variety shows; the production of, or performance in, variety shows.
5. variety ·noun in inorganic nature, one of those forms in which a species may occur, which differ in minor characteristics of structure, color, purity of composition, ·etc.
6. variety ·noun something varying or differing from others of the same general kind; one of a number of things that are akin; a sort; as, varieties of wood, land, rocks, ·etc.
7. variety ·noun an individual, or group of individuals, of a species differing from the rest in some one or more of the characteristics typical of the species, and capable either of perpetuating itself for a period, or of being perpetuated by artificial means; hence, a subdivision, or peculiar form, of a species.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012