Meaning of ACCESS in English
/ak"ses/ , n.
1. the ability, right, or permission to approach, enter, speak with, or use; admittance: They have access to the files.
2. the state or quality of being approachable: The house was difficult of access.
3. a way or means of approach: The only access to the house was a rough dirt road.
4. Theol. approach to God through Jesus Christ.
5. an attack or onset, as of a disease.
6. a sudden and strong emotional outburst.
8. See public-access television .
9. to make contact with or gain access to; be able to reach, approach, enter, etc.: Bank customers can access their checking accounts instantly through the new electronic system.
10. Computers. to locate (data) for transfer from one part of a computer system to another, generally between an external storage device and main storage.
11. Television. (of programming, time, etc.) available to the public: Six channels now offer access services.
[ 1275-1325; ME accesse ( acces ) accessus an approach, equiv. to acced-, var. s. of accedere to ACCEDE + -tus suffix of v. action ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012