Meaning of ADVISORY in English
— advisorily , adv.
/ad vuy"zeuh ree/ , adj., n., pl. advisories .
1. of, giving, or containing advice: an advisory letter from a stockbroker.
2. having the power or duty to advise: an advisory council.
3. a report on existing or predicted conditions, often with advice for dealing with them: an investment advisory.
4. an announcement or bulletin that serves to advise and usually warn the public, as of some potential hazard: a health advisory; a travelers' advisory.
5. an announcement from the U.S. National Weather Service to keep the public informed about the progress of a potentially dangerous weather condition: hurricane advisory; tornado advisory. Cf. warning (def. 3), watch (def. 23).
[ 1770-80; ADVISE + -ORY 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012