Meaning of ANNUAL in English
— annually , adv.
/an"yooh euhl/ , adj.
1. of, for, or pertaining to a year; yearly: annual salary.
2. occurring or returning once a year: an annual celebration.
3. Bot. living only one growing season, as beans or corn.
4. performed or executed during a year: the annual course of the sun.
5. Entomol. living or lasting but one season or year, as certain insects or colonies of insects.
6. Bot. a plant living only one year or season.
7. a book, report, etc., published annually.
[ 1350-1400; annualis, equiv. to L annu ( us ) yearly (deriv. of annus circuit of the sun, year) + -alis -AL 1 ; r. ME annuel ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012