Meaning of BARTLETT in English
/bahrt"lit/ , n. Hort.
a large, yellow, juicy variety of pear. Also called Bartlett pear .
[ 1825-35, Amer.; so named by Enoch Bartlett of Dorchester, Mass. ]
/bahrt"lit/ , n.
1. John , 1820-1905, U.S. publisher: compiled Familiar Quotations.
2. John Russell , 1805-86, U.S. editor and bibliographer of early Americana.
3. Josiah , 1729-95, U.S. physician and statesman.
4. Paul Wayland , 1865-1925, U.S. sculptor.
5. Robert Abram , 1875-1946, U.S. arctic explorer, born in Newfoundland.
6. Vernon , born 1894, English writer.
7. a town in SW Tennessee. 17,170.
8. a town in NE Illinois. 13,254.
9. a male given name, form of Bartholomew .
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012