Meaning of CONVERGENCE in English
/keuhn verr"jeuhns/ , n.
1. an act or instance of converging.
2. a convergent state or quality.
3. the degree or point at which lines, objects, etc., converge.
4. Ophthalm. a coordinated turning of the eyes to bear upon a near point.
a. the contraction of a vector field.
b. a measure of this.
6. Meteorol. a net flow of air into a given region. Cf. divergence (def. 2).
7. Biol. similarity of form or structure caused by environment rather than heredity.
Also, convergency (for defs. 1-3).
[ 1705-15; CONVERG(ENT) + -ENCE ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012