Meaning of CROOKED in English
— crookedly , adv. — crookedness , n.
/krook"id/ for 1-4, 6; /krookt/ for 5 , adj.
1. not straight; bending; curved: a crooked path.
2. askew; awry: The picture on the wall seems to be crooked.
3. deformed: a man with a crooked back.
4. not straightforward; dishonest.
5. bent and often raised or moved to one side, as a finger or neck.
6. (of a coin) polygonal: a crooked sixpence.
[ 1200-50; ME croked; see CROOK 1 , -ED 2 ]
Syn. 1. winding, devious, sinuous, flexuous, tortuous, spiral, twisted. 3. misshapen. 4. unscrupulous, knavish, tricky, fraudulent.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012