Meaning of FILLING in English
/fil"ing/ , n.
1. an act or instance of filling.
2. something that is put in to fill something else: They used sand as filling for the depression.
3. Dentistry. a substance such as cement, amalgam, gold, or the like, used to fill a cavity caused by decay in a tooth.
4. a food mixture that goes into something, as if to fill it: sandwich filling; pie filling.
5. Also called pick, weft, woof . Textiles. yarn carried by the shuttle and interlacing at right angles with the warp in woven cloth. See diag. under weave .
[ 1350-1400; ME; see FILL, -ING 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012