Meaning of ISOMETRIC in English
— isometrically , adv.
/uy'seuh me"trik/ , adj. Also, isometrical .
1. of, pertaining to, or having equality of measure.
2. of or pertaining to isometric exercise.
3. Crystall. noting or pertaining to that system of crystallization that is characterized by three equal axes at right angles to one another. Cf. crystal system .
4. Pros. of equal measure; made up of regular feet.
5. Drafting. designating a method of projection (isometric projection) in which a three-dimensional object is represented by a drawing (isometric drawing) having the horizontal edges of the object drawn usually at a 30° angle and all verticals projected perpendicularly from a horizontal base, all lines being drawn to scale. Cf. orthographic projection .
6. isometrics , isometric exercise (def. 1).
7. an isometric drawing.
8. Also called isometric line . Physics. isochor.
[ 1830-40; isometr ( ía ) ISOMETRY + -IC ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012