Meaning of OPTICAL in English
— optically , adv.
/op"ti keuhl/ , adj.
1. of, pertaining to, or applying optics or the principles of optics.
2. constructed to assist sight or to correct defects in vision.
3. of or pertaining to sight or vision; visual.
4. of or pertaining to the eye.
5. of or pertaining to an optician or opticians or to their products, esp. eyeglasses: an optical service.
6. dealing with or skilled in optics.
7. opticals . See optical effects .
[ 1560-70; OPTIC + -AL 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012