Meaning of SWILL in English
— swiller , n.
/swil/ , n.
1. liquid or partly liquid food for animals, esp. kitchen refuse given to swine; hogwash.
2. kitchen refuse in general; garbage.
3. any liquid mess, waste, or refuse; slop.
4. a deep draught of liquor.
5. contemptibly worthless utterance or writing; drivel.
6. to drink greedily or excessively.
7. to drink (something) greedily or to excess; guzzle.
8. to feed (animals) with swill: to swill hogs.
9. Chiefly Brit. to wash by rinsing or flooding with water.
[ bef. 900; ME swilen (v.), OE swilian, swillan ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012