Meaning of THICKNESS in English
/thik"nis/ , n.
1. the state or quality of being thick.
2. the measure of the smallest dimension of a solid figure: a board of two-inch thickness.
3. the thick part or body of something: the thickness of the leg.
4. a layer, stratum, or ply: three thicknesses of cloth.
5. to bring (a piece, as a board) to a uniform thickness.
[ bef. 900; ME thiknesse, OE thicnes. See THICK, -NESS ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012