Meaning of UNITARY in English
— unitariness , n.
/yooh"ni ter'ee/ , adj.
1. of or pertaining to a unit or units.
2. of, pertaining to, characterized by, or aiming toward unity: the unitary principles of nationalism.
3. of the nature of a unit; having the indivisible character of a unit; whole.
4. serving as a unit, as of measurement or estimation.
5. of or pertaining to the use of units: A unitary method was applied.
6. Govt. of or pertaining to a system of government in which the executive, legislative, and judicial powers of each state in a body of states are vested in a central authority.
[ 1810-20; UNIT, UNIT(Y) + -ARY ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012