Meaning of VISUAL in English
/vizh"ooh euhl/ , adj.
1. of or pertaining to seeing or sight: a visual image.
2. used in seeing: the visual sense.
4. perceptible by the sense of sight; visible: a visual beauty.
5. perceptible by the mind; of the nature of a mental vision: a visual impression captured in a line of verse.
6. Usually, visuals .
a. the picture elements, as distinguished from the sound elements, in films, television, etc.
b. photographs, slides, films, charts, or other visual materials, esp. as used for illustration or promotion. Cf. audio, video .
7. a rough, preliminary sketch of an advertising layout, showing possible arrangements of material. Cf. comprehensive (def. 5).
8. any item or element depending on the sense of sight.
[ 1375-1425; late ME visualis, equiv. to visu ( s ) sight ( vid ( ere ) to see + -tus suffix of v. action, with dt > s ) + -alis -AL 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012