Meaning of WASHING in English
/wosh"ing, waw"shing/ , n.
1. the act of a person or thing that washes; ablution.
2. clothes, linens, etc., washed or to be washed, esp. those washed at one time; wash.
3. Often, washings . any liquid that has been used to wash something.
4. matter removed or carried off in washing something or by the force of water: The washings from numerous spring floods had clogged the mouth of the river.
a. material, as gold dust, obtained by washing earth, gravel, etc.
b. the deposits so washed.
6. wash (def. 49).
7. the act of making a wash sale.
[ 1175-1225; ME wasschunge. See WASH, -ING 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012