▪ fitted , tailored
▪ baggy , loose
▪ heavy , thick
▪ light , lightweight , thin
▪ double-breasted , single-breasted
▪ belted , zip-up
▪ padded ( esp. BrE ), quilted
▪ waterproof , waxed ( BrE )
▪ check , checked , striped
▪ corduroy , cotton , denim , fleece , jean ( AmE ), leather , linen , sheepskin ( esp. BrE ), suede , tweed , wool
▪ pyjama ( BrE ) ( pajama top in AmE ) , suit , uniform
▪ dinner ( esp. BrE ), tuxedo ( AmE )
▪ smoking , sport ( AmE ), sports
He wore an old sports ~.
▪ shooting , ski
▪ flight ( AmE ), flying ( BrE )
▪ biker , motorcycle ( esp. AmE )
▪ donkey ( BrE ), pea ( AmE )
▪ combat , flak (both BrE )
VERB + JACKET
▪ get , grab ( esp. AmE )
▪ pull on , shrug into , shrug on , slip on , throw on
She shrugged into her ~.
▪ pull off , remove , shrug off , shrug out of , slip off
▪ button , button up , do up , zip up
▪ unbutton , undo , unzip
▪ hang up
▪ drape , sling
A light cotton ~ was draped over her shoulders.
JACKET + VERB
His ~ hung over the back of his chair.
JACKET + NOUN
▪ pocket , sleeve
He pulled his passport from his inside ~ pocket.
▪ a ~ and tie
Men should wear a ~ and tie for dinner.