Meaning of PERCENTAGE in English
▪ considerable , high , huge , large , overwhelming , significant , sizeable , substantial
The area has a high ~ of unemployed men.
The disease affects a greater ~ of men than women.
▪ growing , increasing
▪ low , small , tiny
▪ fair , reasonable
A fair ~ of their business comes from people using the airport.
Disabled passengers make up a disproportionate ~ of the cruise company's customers.
▪ maximum , minimum
▪ average , mean
▪ overall , total
VERB + PERCENTAGE
▪ calculate , determine , estimate , measure
▪ express sth as
This figure can be expressed as a ~ of the total.
▪ comprise , make up
Young women comprise a large ~ of our clients.
PERCENTAGE + VERB
▪ decline , decrease , drop , fall
That ~ declined to 49.7 in 2006.
▪ grow , increase , rise
▪ range from sth to sth , vary
Medical expenditure ~s ranged from 3.9% in Arizona to 9.8% in Delaware.
▪ indicate sth , represent sth , show sth
PERCENTAGE + NOUN
Unemployment has fallen by two ~ points this month.
Insurance contributions are paid at a fixed ~ rate on all earnings.
▪ figure ( esp. BrE ), score , value
▪ gain , increase , rise
the ~ rise in the average salary
▪ decline , decrease , drop , reduction
▪ ~ of
What ~ of women own a car?
▪ in ~ terms
The numbers are relatively low in ~ terms.
▪ on a ~ basis
The artist's agent receives commission on a ~ basis.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012