Meaning of RATIO in English
▪ high , low
▪ gender , sex
Some universities take steps to keep their gender ~ 50–50.
Staffing ~s were generally better in smaller hospitals.
▪ male-female , nurse-patient , student-teacher , etc.
▪ benefit-to-risk , power-to-weight , etc.
▪ price-earnings , price-to-earnings ( both business )
The stock's price-earnings ~ has dropped to 24.
VERB + RATIO
▪ achieve , have
They have a high ~ of imports to exports.
▪ improve , increase
The hospital is trying to improve its staff/patient ~.
▪ calculate , compute , determine , find , work out
RATIO + VERB
the worsening student/teacher ~ in our schools
▪ differ , range (from … to … ) , vary
Waist-to-hip ~s vary according to body type.
▪ in a/the ~
We mixed the oil and water in a ~ of one to five.
▪ ~ between
the ~ between the amount of time spent on the work and the profit produced
▪ ~ of sth to sth
the ~ of house prices to incomes
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012