Meaning of REQUIREMENT in English
There's no absolute ~ to disclose your age.
▪ core , important , key , main
▪ essential , fundamental
An open system of criminal justice is a fundamental ~ of any democratic society.
▪ demanding , strict , stringent
▪ exact , precise
▪ additional , further
▪ certain , particular , specific
▪ individual , personal
▪ annual , daily
your daily ~ of vitamin C
▪ current , future
▪ constitutional , contractual , federal , formal , legal , legislative , mandatory , procedural , regulatory , statutory
▪ borrowing ( esp. BrE )
The public sector borrowing ~ is expected to rise.
▪ customer , market , user
▪ academic , course , curriculum , education ( AmE ), educational , graduation ( AmE )
core curriculum ~s
▪ entrance , entry
▪ safety , security
▪ residency ( AmE )
▪ dietary , food , nutritional
patients with special dietary ~s
▪ data , information
▪ labour/labor , manpower
▪ capital , energy , housing ( BrE ), maintenance , performance , space , storage
VERB + REQUIREMENT
I have some very simple ~s.
▪ comply with , fit , fulfil/fulfill , match , meet , satisfy , suit
We can arrange a honeymoon to meet your ~s exactly.
▪ impose , lay down ( esp. BrE ), set out
The government has imposed strict safety ~s on fairground rides.
▪ define , determine , establish , identify , specify
▪ relax , waive
to relax university entrance ~s ( BrE )
The initial investment ~ is often waived for existing customers.
▪ for your ~
We grow enough vegetables for our own ~s.
▪ to your ~
Our porches can be designed to your exact ~s.
▪ ~ for
Large buildings have specific ~s for fire-service access.
▪ ~ of
the ~s of the law
▪ subject to the ~s (of sth)
The school can decide which students will be given priority, subject to the ~s of the law.
▪ surplus to ~s (= more than is needed) ( esp. BrE )
Workers at the factory have been told they are surplus to ~s.
Oxford Collocations English Dictionary. Оксфордский английский словарь словосочетаний . 2012