noun agreement to adhere; concurrence; assent.
2. adhesion ·noun adherence; steady or firm attachment; fidelity; as, adhesion to error, to a policy.
3. adhesion ·noun the union of parts which are separate in other plants, or in younger states of the same plant.
4. adhesion ·noun the molecular attraction exerted between bodies in contact. ·see cohesion.
5. adhesion ·noun union of surface, normally separate, by the formation of new tissue resulting from an inflammatory process.
6. adhesion ·noun the action of sticking; the state of being attached; intimate union; as, the adhesion of glue, or of parts united by growth, cement, or the like.