noun relating to procedure.
2. adjective ·noun not standing by itself; dependent.
3. adjective ·noun a dependent; an accessory.
4. adjective ·vt to make an adjective of; to form or change into an adjective.
5. adjective ·noun added to a substantive as an attribute; of the nature of an adjunct; as, an adjective word or sentence.
6. adjective ·noun a word used with a noun, or substantive, to express a quality of the thing named, or something attributed to it, or to limit or define it, or to specify or describe a thing, as distinct from something else. thus, in phrase, "a wise ruler," wise is the adjective, expressing a property of ruler.