Meaning of ATOM in English
vt to reduce to atoms.
2. atom ·noun an ultimate indivisible particle of matter.
3. atom ·noun anything extremely small; a particle; a whit.
4. atom ·noun an ultimate particle of matter not necessarily indivisible; a molecule.
5. atom ·noun a constituent particle of matter, or a molecule supposed to be made up of subordinate particles.
6. atom ·noun the smallest particle of matter that can enter into combination; one of the elementary constituents of a molecule.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012