Meaning of BAFFLE in English
vi to practice deceit.
2. baffle ·noun a defeat by artifice, shifts, and turns; discomfiture.
3. baffle ·vi to struggle against in vain; as, a ship baffles with the winds.
4. baffle ·vt to cause to undergo a disgraceful punishment, as a recreant knight.
5. baffle ·add. ·noun a lever for operating the throttle valve of a winding engine.
6. baffle ·vt to check by shifts and turns; to elude; to foil.
7. baffle ·vt to check by perplexing; to disconcert, frustrate, or defeat; to thwart.
8. baffle ·add. ·noun a deflector, as a plate or wall, so arranged across a furnace or boiler flue as to mingle the hot gases and deflect them against the substance to be heated.
9. baffle ·add. ·noun a grating or plate across a channel or pipe conveying water, gas, or the like, by which the flow is rendered more uniform in different parts of the cross section of the stream;
used in measuring the rate of flow, as by means of a weir.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012