Meaning of BEVEL in English
adj hence: morally distorted; not upright.
2. bevel ·adj having the slant of a bevel; slanting.
3. bevel ·vt to cut to a bevel angle; to slope the edge or surface of.
4. bevel ·vi to deviate or incline from an angle of 90°, as a surface; to slant.
5. bevel ·noun an instrument consisting of two rules or arms, jointed together at one end, and opening to any angle, for adjusting the surfaces of work to the same or a given inclination;
called also a bevel square.
6. bevel ·noun any angle other than a right angle; the angle which one surface makes with another when they are not at right angles; the slant or inclination of such surface; as, to give a bevel to the edge of a table or a stone slab; the bevel of a piece of timber.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012