adj jet black.
2. bugle ·noun a horn used by hunters.
3. bugle ·noun a sort of wild ox; a buffalo.
4. bugle ·noun an elongated glass bead, of various colors, though commonly black.
5. bugle ·noun a plant of the genus ajuga of the mint family, a native of the old world.
6. bugle ·noun a copper instrument of the horn quality of tone, shorter and more conical that the trumpet, sometimes keyed; formerly much used in military bands, very rarely in the orchestra; now superseded by the cornet;
called also the kent bugle.