Meaning of CANKER in English
noun a kind of wild, worthless rose; the dog-rose.
2. canker ·noun anything which corrodes, corrupts, or destroy.
3. canker ·vt to infect or pollute; to corrupt.
4. canker ·vi to waste away, grow rusty, or be oxidized, as a mineral.
5. canker ·noun a disease incident to trees, causing the bark to rot and fall off.
6. canker ·vi to be or become diseased, or as if diseased, with canker; to grow corrupt; to become venomous.
7. canker ·vt to affect as a canker; to eat away; to corrode; to consume.
8. canker ·noun a corroding or sloughing ulcer; ·esp. a spreading gangrenous ulcer or collection of ulcers in or about the mouth;
called also water canker, canker of the mouth, and noma.
9. canker ·noun an obstinate and often incurable disease of a horse's foot, characterized by separation of the horny portion and the development of fungoid growths;
usually resulting from neglected thrush.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012